Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween (sort of)

So on the night of Halloween we didn't actually do anything holiday-related, since trick or treaters don't come to our street and it was a week night so none of us really wanted to go out. It also didn't really feel like Halloween since we celebrated on Saturday. But then yesterday we finally carved the pumpkins we'd had for a while. It was really fun because I hadn't carved a pumpkin in years so it brought me back to years when I always used to do it. 3 of my housemates carved pumpkins with me and we chose a seashore theme for our carvings. Here is the process and the result.



Mine is on the right in this picture

And on the left in this one :)

Also Halloween-related, I forgot to mention the last time I wrote that last Friday I helped out at a haunted forest at the Wellfleet Audobon. I got to lead walks through the forest so I got to see all the skits. They weren't actually scary because they were geared towards little kids, they were more educational and it was all about animals that live in the area. It reminded me of being in the forest of mystery that BEEC used to put on. It was a lot of fun.

Now a hurricane update, things are still fine here but we just found out today that the Red Cross wants half of us to go to NYC to help at a shelter for two weeks. I probably won't go because they don't need all of us and other people are more excited about it, but if I did end up going I think it would be a good experience. If I stay here it will be really weird to half the house fine for so long. We've gotten so used to being around each other all the time.

And now just some bonus pics of some things I've baked recently, scones and pumpkin bread. I still seem to have the baking bug :)




1 comment:

  1. Those pumpkins look really nice together! I wish I had gotten to carve a pumpkin this year. And I want some of those baked goods, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete