Monday, November 5, 2012

Poison ivy is evil!

So for the first time in my life...I have poison ivy! Since I never got it before and had been exposed I thought that I was immune, and that was reinforced by the fact that I made it this far without getting any when we're around it on a regular basis, but unfortunately that turns out not to be true. So far it's just on my arms so it's not as bad as it could be but it still really isn't fun! I had to get up in the middle of the night last night to put anti-itch cream on it because it itched so bad. So in my opinion right now, poison ivy seems evil. We don't do anything to it, it's not even one of the plant species we're trying to get rid of, and it just feels the need to torment us! Not cool poison ivy!

Anyway, some news. It turns out that the group who was going to go to NY isn't going anymore. They found out today that the Red Cross doesn't need them to go. It's too bad that they don't get to have that experience, but now it won't be weird and quiet around here for two weeks.

Also, today was quite a day at our service project. We were doing shellfishing, which I usually really like, but it's the first day so far that the temperature has been in the 40's so being in the water was really hard. My hands were cold after about 10 minutes and it just got worse from there. We ended up leaving the site early because people were too cold, and by that point my hands were so freezing that I could barely move them. So we went back to the Shellfish Department's storage area and did some maintenance work on their equipment. We were inside for some of that but I was still really cold, and I still couldn't move my hands that well when we left. I didn't completely warm up until I took a gloriously hot shower at home and put on comfy clothes. And now I'm happier. :)

Also, just a random bit of news, not very important but it makes me happy: I finally got a new battery for my laptop, so now I can actually carry it around without running from outlet to outlet and hoping it didn't die. And I only paid about $10 for it on Amazon. Don't know why I didn't think of that before, it's awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for battery! Did you replace it yourself? I sort of want to get a new battery for mine but Apple probably has it set up so you have to bring it to the Apple store for that. They think of obnoxious details like that, curse them.

    ReplyDelete