Sunday, January 13, 2013

Since Christmas Break

So since Christmas break, our days have been pretty routine in terms of service (IPs, COD Days, and group service projects). One thing slightly out of the ordinary is that we have more Wet Fests this month than usual, and two of them are pretty much back to back, so we had one on Friday and another one tomorrow. I'm getting a little bit more used to Wet Fest so I don't dread it like I did for some of them, and the group of kids we had on Friday was really well behaved so I'm hoping that trend continues tomorrow.

At one of our group service projects, 2 reporters came to find out about what we were doing and interview some people. I thought they were just going to be writing an article about it, but it turned out that they were video taping for a website called CapeCast. The video ended up being kind of funny and silly, so I'm guessing that's the editors style with these videos he does. Here is the link if anyone is interested in watching it. I'm pretty sure I'm in it at 0:24, but it's sort of hard to tell if it's actually me.

One new thing that is not service-related is that I joined a gym. It's the first time I've ever joined one because I was usually pretty active with dance and sometimes went to the gym at school which was free, but I felt like I hadn't been active enough recently. A gym in Orleans, which is about 20 minutes away, was having a deal for a 3 month membership and if 3 or more people signed up you got 15% off, so me and two of my roommates decided to join. I just signed up on Thursday and I've gone every day since then, so I'd say I'm off to a good start. It's feel good to be getting more exercise again, and I think the fact that I actually paid for it will be a good incentive to go if I ever feel like being lazy haha.

Well I think that's all for now. I'll keep you updated on anything else exciting that happens.

1 comment: